Halloween is today! The Ward Mission Leaders Wife last night made Elder Eliot a Tin man costume and I am the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz. Sister Johnson made her daughter a Dorthy outfit (its cute she has the basket with Totto, red sparkly shoes and all) Sister Johnson is going to be the Wicked Witch! We tried convincing Brother Johnson to be the Lion but he said he didn't want to. So we talked with a friend of ours and have a Lion as part of the group. :D I'll have to send a picture out to ya'll whenever I can.
Yesterday my digital camera broke...and unfortunately I'm broke. Be nice having a camera to use. Each day there are SO many wonderful memories being made.
A few hours before my camera broke I bought a new pair of running shoes (since mine were a size 12 when really I wear size 10.5) I went running today and fell even more in love with the shoes...they are so comfy, flexible and make the run smooth. So I don't intend on selling the shoes (they won the runners best buy shoes award...http://www.asicsamerica.com/News---Events/All-ASICS-News/July-2011/ASICS--GEL-Blur33-Earns-Runner-s-World--Best-Buy-/ and what is sweet is I bought the shoes for only 40 dollars when they are originally 85. http://www.peltzshoes.com/item.asp?invnum=T1H3N-9093
This weekend was the Trunk or Treat activity and the turn out was great. I had such a blast we ate good food, played games and had plenty of laughs. A young man from the ward that is leaving for his mission in January decided to dress up as my companion Elder Eliot. It was hilarious since he went and colored his hair red to match Elder Eliots! So because Elder Eliot had a clone I decided to talk with Eric, another young man from the ward and asked him to be my copy. :) Eric is way taller and stronger so I was calling myself mini me. Anyways during the activity some of my favorite costumes members wore were Sister Wertman who dressed up as a Whoopie Cushion...goodness she is such a hoot! She was saying she ate plenty of beans the night before to make for a special effect ;). Oh so the Brandenburg ward has a ton of babies in it...and many dressed up. My favorite baby that dressed up was of course Sister Rhineharts baby who went as a cow. :D All she was missing was the cow bell but other than that the outfit was perfect. Had fake feet and everything. That baby I swear is the most adorable babies I ever saw. She has blue eyes and is partially Korean so her eyelids are sweet lookin.
As for missionary work news...out of nowhere an investigator of ours told us she want to be baptized. She is in her 70's and has investigated the church for over two years! She was a Reformed LDS member, which means she believed Joseph Smiths son was supposed to be the next Prophet...sort of like how Kings have their son be the next ruler. Anyways...we are excited for the investigator. She has already done so many things to help our ward out. Many of the members thought she was already a member.
Elder Eliot and I have gotten to give a number of people Priesthood blessings. I can tell you that the Blessing did help them out. :)
The church is true.
I miss you
Love,
Elder Dimter
Take a look at my new photos on photobucket
No comments:
Post a Comment